size of all packages in Jamf

jpeters21
Contributor II

Hello jamf nation.. 

got a feeling I am going to feel foolish after this one as I feel like this is something I have done before but do not recall how. I am asking for an on-Prem distribution point (to appease my network team) but am having problems seeing how much space that would require. Is there an easy way to check the full size of all my packages and scripts in Jamf cloud? 

thanks, 

Jeff

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jpeters21 Scripts are stored in the Jamf Pro database, so you can ignore those when sizing your DP. As for the info on the full size of all packages the only suggestion I can make is to use Jamf Cloud Package Replicator to download a copy of your cloud DP to determine the size as the only stats I've ever found are upload and download sizes for the past 30 days and 12 months.

jpeters21
Contributor II

all right I thought I read distro points contain scripts and app packages (but that size would be negligible of scripts anyway).. so this way is just copying everything locally then I can check the size from there. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jpeters21 Correct, download everything to check the size. Scripts used to be stored on the DP, but were moved into the database several years ago.

am I missing something here.. I do not have wan option in Jamf CPR to copy locally as described. I can select a local storage as a source but not destination. Being it does list every package and its size I could just do the math myself though. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jpeters21 It looks like the latest release won't do the local download. Grab version 3.1.5 from the releases page (https://github.com/BIG-RAT/jamfcpr/releases) and select Save Only from the Options popup. When you click Replicate it will save files in ~/Downloads/jamfcpr/