SL to Lion update with 8.52

MikeF
Contributor II

I am following the KB article on upgrading 10.6.8 to lion

So on my test server I have noticed that I an not get the install to start. I am using the same process I used in 8.4 but I have now updated my test sever to 8.51. The package was deployed properly and if I go to the users/shared directory I can click on it and start the upgrade. But I can't get it to work with casper 8.52.

I have used the run command to play around with this and i get this error in 8.52
Running command /Users/Shared/Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/MacOS/Install Mac OS X Lion?...
Result of command:
sh: /Users/Shared/Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/MacOS/Install Mac OS X Lion?: No such file or directory

But what is strange I removed the framework and joined to my 8.51 server and this runs properly.

Just wondering if any one else has run into this? I have 60 macs to upgrade and it looks like I am lucky my production system has not been moved to 8.52. I am wondering If I found a bug in 8.52.

1 REPLY 1

genes
New Contributor II

Mike,

I'm running 8.52 and I also followed Scenario 2 from the kb. The command and the upgrade went as expected. No issues opening the file via the "Advanced" command line. I tested on two different MacBook Pros.

Our actual upgrade deployment will use the InstallLionPkg workflow though, since it doesn't require any user input from the time they click on the "Upgrade" button in Self Service, to the time the machine reboots and loads all of our MCX prefs.

Gene