Smart Groups Slow To Load

mbales
New Contributor II

I'm running 8.43 on a Lion server (that only runs JSS and SUS) and when I attempt to view a smart group in JSS it takes 5+ minutes if it loads at all. Any ideas on how to remedy this? The group in question only contains 9 machines.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cyberghost
New Contributor III

I had the same prob. DB Size 33 GB. Now with 2GB the JSS is much fast. Is it possible to activate "Flush Policy Logs"?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

how big is your DB?

Matt
Valued Contributor

I have the same issues. I made a smart group yesterday and its still slowly updating today.

mbales
New Contributor II

Roughly 20gbs.

Cyberghost
New Contributor III

I had the same prob. DB Size 33 GB. Now with 2GB the JSS is much fast. Is it possible to activate "Flush Policy Logs"?

mbales
New Contributor II

I'll try flushing the logs over night and report back.

mbales
New Contributor II

Deleted a number of the older logs and now the JSS is running very smoothly and is quick to return smart groups and other data. Thanks for your help as always.

NTmatter
New Contributor II

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I've found that you can add an extra index to the usage_logs table. I think this needs to be recreated every time the JSS is restarted, but it seems to do the trick every time I need to query a smart group:

CREATE INDEX `computer_mtime` ON `usage_logs` (`computer_id`,`date_entered`);

This does have the tradeoff that inserting new data may be somewhat slower, but it beats being unable to query smart group membership :)