Software Copyright Compliance Tools for Mac

gskibum
Contributor III

Is anyone aware of any free and/or commercial tools for the Mac for auditing Mac systems for software copyright compliance on Mac systems?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

H3144-IT
Contributor II

Sure, you basically run it already - all you need is JamfSoftware for Mac Licenses - cause they can check the Number of Software Licenses enrolled on a Mac, you can create Smart Policies to share a Number of Licenses and revoke Software from a Mac after a fixed time and make it available to another User.

And many more - just talk to your Accounts Manager!

gskibum
Contributor III

I spoke with my account manager and he seems to have not heard of a product called "JAMFSoftware for Mac Licenses."

What I'm looking for is a way to determine the serial numbers of Adobe and Microsoft products installed on a system, as I need to purge software that is not licensed to this organization.

The Licensed Software tool in Casper is great for situations where there already is no pirated software present. But I need to get to a clean slate first.

ctangora
Contributor III

Has application "Blah"
License Software Does Not Have "Our Blah"

Wouldn't that logic give you a group of machines that have the software, but not your version of the software (aka pirated)?