Standard Users unable to install app thru self service

edain55337
New Contributor III

I've created an Adobe Creative Suite installation, but it only seems to work if you are logged onto the computer as an admin user. As a standard user it doesn't do a full install. Anyone have an idea on what I'm doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

edain55337
New Contributor III

I got the response from someone else that there might be something running in the background, so I did a cold boot, logged in as standard user and ONLY started self service, did the CS 4 install successsfully. BANG when the dynamite. I'm thinking I might have started a browser and even though I had shut it down during the initial install, it caused the failure. (At least that's my story and I am sticking to it.)

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rob_potvin
Contributor III
Contributor III

I never had that happen. Can you try to install something else and see if it is the same problem. Have you ran Recon on the computer in question to see if it is managed correctly?

Cheers

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Are there any Adobe apps running at login for the standard users? The most common errors I find installing adobe apps are caused by some adobe product running in the background.

edain55337
New Contributor III

No, nothing running - it's a clean install, upon initial boot up. I have installed other things (browsers, printers, appleworks) w/no issue...

edain55337
New Contributor III

I got the response from someone else that there might be something running in the background, so I did a cold boot, logged in as standard user and ONLY started self service, did the CS 4 install successsfully. BANG when the dynamite. I'm thinking I might have started a browser and even though I had shut it down during the initial install, it caused the failure. (At least that's my story and I am sticking to it.)

Thanks for the help.