Standart User to Admin? Or Create New User?

S_Puschel
New Contributor III

Hey, I've got a problem with a Macbook,
I have a home office employee who needs an admin account. How can I upgrade his default user to an admin with Jamf levels? Or can I create a new account via Jamf that is an Admin User?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shaquir
Contributor III

Hi @S.Puschel I haven't tested the Privileges app, but I have used Jamf's Make me an Admin Script. You can add the script to Self Service and Scope it to the requesting User once.

But definitely access what the User's need for admin privilege is. There are a lot of ways of allowing Standard users access to "Admin Items"

Check out this discussion of allowing user's access to printers and WIFI control.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@S.Puschel How much control do you require over when the user has Admin access? SAP's Privileges is a great tool for allowing users to get Admin access when needed, and reverting back to a Standard account when not. The Privileges app can be downloaded from the Releases page.

shaquir
Contributor III

Hi @S.Puschel I haven't tested the Privileges app, but I have used Jamf's Make me an Admin Script. You can add the script to Self Service and Scope it to the requesting User once.

But definitely access what the User's need for admin privilege is. There are a lot of ways of allowing Standard users access to "Admin Items"

Check out this discussion of allowing user's access to printers and WIFI control.

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

Another option is to use a Jamf policy to create a user, you specify the password.

But the first reply would be my choice.
Each org is different.
And users are different.

S_Puschel
New Contributor III

Thanks, it worked!