Static Group made to Exclude computers from the scope of a Restricted Software Record doesnt work.

L-plateAdmin
Contributor

We are still using Casper in the pilot stage and we have been seting up some faily standard restrictions on our macs, facetime/imovie/mail/BT F-ex and so forth.

we have a record to block general use of iTunes to all of the casper clients, but we haver a number of items in the exclution to the scope which include smart groups which work fine BUT we made a static group to put cherry-picked Exec's and phone admins to use the software and it doesnt catch - still kills the iTunes Process.

the comptuers and clients are working fine/ and on the single computer records on JSS, the restricted software list (no itunes) and computer groups (lists the static group) all look good - it doesnt seem to go down to the client.

When we put any computers that are already in the static group directly into the excultion directly on its own, it works?!?

has anyone else exprienced this as I have been unable to find this here?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

jconte
Contributor II

Have you tried restarting the machines that aren't working ? Also, have you run the following :
sudo jamf recon
sudo jamf manage

Between those three things the policy should kick in.

L-plateAdmin
Contributor

Yep, we tried that but to no avail and cause a little mischeif a few office for mac policies we have.

waiting for the log file incase it shows somehting but any other ideas?

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@L-plateAdmin are these static groups of computers or users?

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

We think we are seeing the same thing, any updates?

C

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@gachowski the defect ID for not being able to scope a Self Service policy to a static group of users is PI-002281. I don't have any updates on when it will be fixed. If you're running into this bug, I would encourage you to log an issue with your TAM to hopefully increase the priority on getting the issue resolved.