Strange timing issue in JSS 9.93?

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hi Folks,

We are on JSS 9.93 and have a client side limitation enabled. Policies are set to NOT run between 7 AM and 10 PM. Looking at logs overnight, a lot of computers are in the pending state. However now, I am seeing computers showing up in the logs as failed or completed as expected. However, this is NOT between 7 AM and 10 PM. I have verified that the clients times are set correctly and working as expected.

Anyone else seeing strange timing issues with 9.93?c00831af9200437ba0f13d12290ba4e7

3 REPLIES 3

chris_glaske
New Contributor

We seem to be having an issue with time as well in our JSS instance. Have you noticed that some of the machines are reporting incorrectly the last time they checked in? I first noticed that some machines were stating that they had checked in " Today at 9:30pm", when it was 10am that day. Same with policies running at odd times when specified not to. All time settings in our JSS are correct as well...only been happening since 9.93.

mconners
Valued Contributor

Thanks @chris.glaske for replying. I haven't noticed the check in times being off, although they could be. I just find it strange that upgrading from 9.92 to 9.93 introduced what feels like as a bug. Right now, I have a TON of policies trying to run and our DP has crawled to a halt. I may have to shut it down and try setting up the OPPOSITE times, so not to run between 10 AM to 7 PM and see what happens. It just feels like things are off and I can't put my finger on it.

Maybe my TAM will have a suggestion or two. I do think a glitch was introduced as I have had these types of settings for the past couple of years with an issue.

bland_md
New Contributor

Similar happened to me on 9.93 except the client-side limitation time range was cleared completely. The days of the week stayed set, but not the hours of each day.