System Unable to Unlock Login Keychain on Netboot Image

danielo
New Contributor III

I have a freshly created 10.7.4 Netboot Image, created with the specifications here:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=63

Whenever boot from it, I get "The system was unable to unlock your login keychain" with the options to Continue Log In, Create New Keychain, or Update Keychain Password.

Could someone explain why I'm getting this, and how I can fix it so that it doesn't prompt? It kind of defeats the purpose of having Autorun setup... Thanks!

--Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nessts
Valued Contributor II

well, likely the password for the autologin account is different than when you first created it. so just mount your netboot image on the server, delete the keychain or open keychain access, and change the password on that keychain if you have things like casper admin passwords stored in it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

nessts
Valued Contributor II

well, likely the password for the autologin account is different than when you first created it. so just mount your netboot image on the server, delete the keychain or open keychain access, and change the password on that keychain if you have things like casper admin passwords stored in it.

danielo
New Contributor III

Ok, I deleted the login.keychain and it seems to have gone away. Thanks for your help!

--Daniel