Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Avecto Defendpoint v.5.2

I am trying to set up Defendpoint and cannot find where to put the .xml file. The documentation says /etc/pguard/ but that directory does not exist. I don't have access to the latest documentation and I can't find anything online. I did find /etc/def...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thanks IBM

It was only a matter of time , Thanks IBM Enrollement Apologies if this is a repost  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Handling updates of third party software packages.

Been using jamf for a couple weeks now and came across an issue this morning with an update. Cisco Webex meetings has an update a non admin tried to install on their machine which they cant because they arent an admin. So I started looking for ways t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New jamf setup

Does the iPad had to be prestige as shared to work ? And where do you set settings and branding for the apo  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zero-byte keychain file and troubleshooting FUT?

We've just got some new Macs in which have got High Sierra on them. I got everything installed OK but when I login with a test AD user I'm getting a bunch of keychain errors. Further investigation reveals that there's a zero-byte file at ~/Library/Ke...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alarm Not Working In ios 12?

Take after the beneath specify steps to discover the answer for your concern:You need to check that you turned mute on. You have to erase the third party applications if you have, because some third party alarm applications may have conflicted with t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with printer driver deployment.

Hello all, Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge as I am pretty new to the Mac and automation worlds. I am trying to deploy a printer driver (Xerox Color C60 / Fiery Printer Driver) to 100+ Macbook Pros. The Macbooks are running 10.14 (Mojave). ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running Powershell Script

I'm coming from a Windows heavy environment where we have many Powershell scripts already built. So I'm wondering if there is an easy way to load/check for Powershell Core and run existing scripts (if the commandlets exist in Powershell Core). I have...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building Doesnt Get Updated in Jamf

I have a script that runs on enrolment completion and checkin to give user a prompt to select their building. This runs fine but the data doesn't populate the fields in Jamf. Some configuration profiles and Self Service bookmarks need to be dependant...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoLoAD logo size

NoLoAD is awesome but no matter how I size my converted PNG to Base64, it doesn't get any bigger. I was wondering if there was a way to increase its size? Is there a setting I'm missing in the configuration profile?I'm following the preferences isntr...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shell scripts only work in JAMF Recon

Hi everyone, I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to scripts, and I'm running into this problem. I have to script in JSS, and when I assigned it to a policy and run "sudo jamf policy" it runs no problem. However, when it deploys at check-in I get an...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shuttle Bus Information

Just FYI about the buses: They will be running from the Hyatt to Minneapolis Event Centers - Saint Anthony Main and back, from 6:15 to 11pm. They will be loading/unloading at the corner of Grant and Nicollet Ave. Remember to bring your JNUC badge!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting the Region in Mojave

Anyone have experience with this yet? Previous Plistbuddy scripts don't seem to be working. Possible due to it being a Binary property list? this is the warning in the plist file: // !!! BINARY PROPERTY LIST WARNING !!!//// The pretty-printed propert...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Tooling for DEP & Machine Config Workflows?

I took some time to look through feature requests, forums, etc - maybe I'm having a bad day with my search terms... Sorry if this is a repost of a common discussion. JAMF Admin worked well for making nested smart configs for more traditional imaging,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Managed App Data Segregation for macOS

With iOS we have the ability to support/mitigate Managed App Data Segregation with company info; since iOS supports this functionality through the MDM stack, is there anything anybody has enacted with macOS that doesn't lock down all ports/AirDrop/et...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

iOS 12 and Guided Access

I tried looking here for any suggestions, but came up empty. Glad we only tested iOS 12 on a couple of our iPads. If you use Guided Access, you'll want to check this:Guided Access disable screen sleep I can also confirm this issue still occurs with i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Allow Apps in Security & Privacy -> Privacy

I have 2 Issues that the JAMF PPPC tool does not help me with, I am probably configuring it wrong, any ideas ? 1 : I have a simple Bash Script that runs at login, in it, this runs 1 line of AppleScript to pop up a user input box, this fails and the s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Updates - Security Updates Only

What's up Everybody! We had to turn off Auto Updates because of Safari 12. Unfortunately for us, we cannot install nor run Safari 12 because of Java. We have an internal application that requires the use of Java, and it's a Safari only app. Don't ask...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does Jamf read adobe products?

Can anyone shed some light on how Jamf looks to see if Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro is installed? It's showing as installed on all machines in my environment even if its not installed. For the machines that have it installed, it shows a version number, b...  View more

5b01c542ce8b49c485d73db0b7861dcf
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS Health Status Information

It would be helpful to have some sort of a health status information view. I have tasks pending for a long time, and was told this can cause issues. If I reach out to support via chat they don’t have access to that information ready. That needs to be...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customize Control Strip

I am sure this has been asked before but I cannot find it anywhere. Is there a way to use JAMF to customize the Touch Bar and add the screen lock to all of the Macs that have a Control Strip?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors