The Package XXXXX failed to save.

SynapticCleft
New Contributor III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ledvinar
New Contributor II

I am also guessing it's not specifically Jamf Admin 10.35, or else we would see a lot more comments on this forum.  

The package that generated the "package failed to save" error in Jamf Admin 10.35 did not show up at all when I went to update a policy or in Settings > Packages.  Our distribution point is on a file share on the same server as Jamf Pro.  I was able to take the same package, upload with Jamf Admin 10.34.2, and deploy it successfully with both policies and patch management.  

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

Search fo Jamf Admin here:

https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro/known-issues

It looks like they cataloged it as a bug. 

"New packages fail to upload in Jamf Admin 10.35.0 or later. Workaround: Upload new packages using Jamf Admin 10.34.x with Jamf Pro 10.35.0 or later."

ctomsccad
New Contributor II

Thanks for the heads up! We'll just have to run the earlier version for now. 

@dmueller wrote:

Search fo Jamf Admin here:

https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro/known-issuesfireboy and watergirl

It looks like they cataloged it as a bug. 

"New packages fail to upload in Jamf Admin 10.35.0 or later. Workaround: Upload new packages using Jamf Admin 10.34.x with Jamf Pro 10.35.0 or later."

Thank for the helpful info.

emadams
New Contributor III

It has to be something wrong with 10.35.  I was having the same problem.  I was uploading a macOS Monterey DMG file and getting the same exact error.  I didn't make any account/permissions changes.  I just moved the DMG file over to another workstation with 10.34 installed.  I opened Jamf Admin, I got no errors and wouldn't you know it; there was my file.  I made my changes and clicked save with no errors and it showed up in my packages in Jamf Pro.

Discher
New Contributor III

This would have been nice to know before having to troubleshoot it for 2 hours.  

luke_reagor
Contributor II

We have the same issue.

mhasman
Valued Contributor

What about 10.37?

PictureProducti
New Contributor III

Ive just installed 10.37, can confirm issue is fixed in this release.

cvanderzie
New Contributor II

Same here. Incidentally, they also changed the download options to download only the Jamf Pro apps. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 12.27.09 PM.png

Edit: I spoke too soon. Looks like I am having the same issue. Any one else?

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 12.57.42 PM.png

I am also having this issue with 10.37. I was able to use 10.34.2 and uploaded the .pkg fine. We also have a local Windows SMB share for our DP.

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

Anyone know whether this is fixed in v10.39.0?

I have used Jamf Admin 10.39.0 and Composer 10.39.0 a few times this week and not had any issues with either.