Third Party Security / Anti Virus Discussion

gary_owen
New Contributor II

I see lots of discussion relating to this and would like to get your individual thoughts on the subject. If you and you alone was responsible for all the Mac fleet in your company and you are not forced into anything with any company policy or standards that you have to adhere too, what would you do in relation to these 4 questions, a Yes or No is fine or feel free to elaborate, remember, this is not what you may currently be doing but what you would want to do in full control :-

1. Would you install third party security or anti virus software on admin account machines ?

2. Would you install third party security or anti virus software on standard account machines ?

3. Would you install third party security or anti virus software on machines which are only ever connected to your corporate Lan or Wi Fi ?

4. Would you install third party security or anti virus software on machines which are connecting to any network ?

Thanks in advance for answering the above.

2 REPLIES 2

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Yes to all 4, but I would only install Jamf Protect. I my testing the majority of "other" vendors are not worth using.

C

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Yes to all four. Also, I am/was in the position you mention. I've got other folks in IT, but ~1k Apple devices are all me. Sure there's debate out there... but how about this. We've never had a successful ransomware attack. Ever. Cylance here, but very interested in JAMF Protect and how it shapes up over time.