This is a non-master JSS web application...

Sonic84
Contributor III

Hello, I sometimes need to throw a backup of our Casper production database into a dev environment to do some testing. However after installing JSS 9.32, I am getting an error "This is a non-master JSS web application. Upgrade your master web application before upgrading the non-master web applications." Unfortunately, disabling clustering prior to backup is not an option for me... any idea how to bypass this error?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DavidSu
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Sonic84,

After restoring the database to your dev environment, running the following query in MySQL should disable clustering:

UPDATE jamfsoftware.jss_cluster_settings SET clustered=0;

If you're using a custom database name, you'll need to swap that name with jamfsoftware. Otherwise, once that has been run, a restart of the JSS web app should get you in! Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

nicktong
New Contributor III

Alternatively, you can also update the master node address in the database to match that of your dev server:

USE jamfsoftware;
UPDATE jss_cluster_nodes SET address='dev.acme.com' WHERE address='prod.acme.com';

When either turning off clustering or changing the master node address, be sure to remember to update the JSS management URL otherwise your clients in dev will get redirected to your prod.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DavidSu
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Sonic84,

After restoring the database to your dev environment, running the following query in MySQL should disable clustering:

UPDATE jamfsoftware.jss_cluster_settings SET clustered=0;

If you're using a custom database name, you'll need to swap that name with jamfsoftware. Otherwise, once that has been run, a restart of the JSS web app should get you in! Hope that helps!

nicktong
New Contributor III

Alternatively, you can also update the master node address in the database to match that of your dev server:

USE jamfsoftware;
UPDATE jss_cluster_nodes SET address='dev.acme.com' WHERE address='prod.acme.com';

When either turning off clustering or changing the master node address, be sure to remember to update the JSS management URL otherwise your clients in dev will get redirected to your prod.

Sonic84
Contributor III

Hello, Thank you for the response, disabling clustering via mySQL worked. UPDATE jamfsoftware.jss_cluster_settings SET clustered=0; I immediately ran into a "Can't create Certificate authority error." afterwards, but one topic one problem... Thank you!

I'll try The update command @nicktong mentioned next time I do an import.

mm13
New Contributor II

Sorry to dig up a very, very old thread; but does this mean that I can set a master node designation via DNS and not IP address?

Looking to deploy a master node to an ECS service, and would love to know if I could just put in the service URL as the master node.

Thanks!