Transfering custom Compliance Editor rules between machines

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

I'm trying to use the *.jce file I created on my main machine to a test machine so I can run the audit there. I've copied the app, the *.jce file, and the macOS_security-sonoma folder created when I chose my baseline to the same location on my test machine. I've also copied the Jamf Compliance Editor folder from Application Support and even the com.jamf.complience.plist file from ~/Preferences.

When I run the audit on my test machine however I don't get a usable result just a result with practically nothing in it and NaN% for the score (which makes sense since there's no number).

My custom baseline looks to have been loaded correctly. The modified and disabled rules are all correct. The audit just doesn't work as expected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

I've done that, but what seems to have helped was disabling and re-enabling one of the rules (any seemed to do it) to get it to run the audit.

Of course now it seems I have some issues with the compliance.sh script not working correctly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

I think I ran into something similar.

To do the audit, I had to close Jamf Compliance Editor. Double-click the .jce file I've saved. Click Create Guidance (which makes all the files again). Then run the audit.

Maybe I'm missing a better way, but the Audit button is grayed out until I follow these steps. And if the Audit is blank and doing nothing, I'd repeat the steps above.

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

I've done that, but what seems to have helped was disabling and re-enabling one of the rules (any seemed to do it) to get it to run the audit.

Of course now it seems I have some issues with the compliance.sh script not working correctly.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

That works too. I hit the "Show All" button after I open the .jce file. Forgot that.