Transferring files out to iPads?

nadams
New Contributor III

Anyone know of an easy way to transfer PPT files out to a cart full of iPads? I have a teacher who bought some kind of activity off Etsy for her Kindergartners to use and I need to get it out to 50 iPads. It's a total of 19 PPT files. Aside from having to go through and AirDrop to each one, is there any way to push these out with Jamf? I also have them in a Bretford sync cart if it's possible to do something with Configurator or the direct connection.

1 REPLY 1

ctarbox
Contributor II

I just set this up on iPads with iOS 11 devices using a departmental Apple ID, iCloud Drive and the new Files App.

With a departmental Apple ID, I uploaded all of the files (PDFs and eBooks in my case) to iCloud Drive. Then told the Files App to use the iCloud Drive. All the files beautifully downloaded to the Files App. The departmental technician who manages these devices in the Labs loved this as he now only has to upload any new or updated files to the iCloud Drive, which then syncs with the Files App. This handles folders as well as files. This also works very nicely with iBooks.

The only downside I have found is that I had to input the Apple ID into each iPad. I'm looking for a way to push an Apple ID down to an iOS device, but haven't found a solution yet. If anyone knows how I can accomplish this, please help.

Cheryl