Turn off Notifications for Siri (that is Disabled)

ManagerofVibes
New Contributor III

We have a restriction on icloud and Siri for our Mac laptops... Some users are consistently getting a message similar to- "You do not have access for Siri permissions, contact the person who created your computer." How can we turn off notifications? 

3 REPLIES 3

summerly
New Contributor II

Is "Listen For" enabled for Siri in settings on those devices? If so, the device might be picking up on keywords that are similar to "Hey Siri". I would take a look at this post for instructions on how to automatically change that setting to off with a configuration profile.

halesmin
New Contributor II

@ManagerofVibes wrote:

We have a restriction on icloud and Siri for our Mac laptops... Some users are consistently getting a message similar to- "You do not have access for Siri permissions, contact the person who created your computer." How can we turn off notifications?  Heating & Cooling In Oshawa

To turn off Siri permission notifications on Mac laptops where iCloud and Siri are restricted, you can adjust the notification settings for Siri. Go to System Preferences > Notifications, find Siri in the list, and change the alert style to None or disable notifications entirely.

ManagerofVibes
New Contributor III

Thanks @halesmin and @summerly. I had to unrestrict iCloud for the user, then disabled the notifications for Siri. I think that worked!