Turning of mobile restrictions

TomMyers
New Contributor

I have a iPhone that is out in the field. I need to allow the user to make a change to his email return address as it was wrong. The phone has restrictions turned on and I don't want to divulge the restrictions password. So I want to remove all restrictions, then I can walk him thru fixing it. Ideally then I want to remotely turn restrictions back on and set it's passcode.

I don't see a way to do this. Am I out of luck?

1 REPLY 1

Walsingham
New Contributor

I don't know if this will work, but I am thinking you can remove him from any of the "Mobile Device Profiles" by removing his device from any scopes. Then have him make the changes, then add him back into those scopes.

Pre-Requisite: The profiles he has on his iPhone that are restricting him would have to be JSS profiles and not from Apple Configurator or another source.

Steps: In JSS, Click Management, then Mobile Device Profiles. Edit each Mobile Device Profile you believe his iPhone has been given. Make sure he is not in each Mobile Device Profile's scope. (Everyone defines scopes differently. If you set each profile to apply to all devices, then it will be hard to exclude him. But if you used Active Directory Groups to deploy scopes, then you could just remove him from the AD group and re-save/push the Mobile Device Profile.)