Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

iMovie Update using softwareupdate?

Hello, Is it possible to update iMovie and Garageband using the built-in softwareupdate tool? I've poked around a little bit, and it doesn't look like it. I just wanted to verify before I investigate the other methods. Tim  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mail as a Managed App

In our environment, we are concerned about iCloud backups for institutional data. Right now I have apps in Self Service, and have it set to not allow sharing content with unmanaged apps. Users using Word etc are unable to share files with the iOS Mai...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Enrollments - Standard Account is Admin

Hello, I'm a first time poster and pretty new to Jamf (recent CCT and just went through our JumpStart), so I hope I'm missing something simple. We have a PreStage enrollment set up so that the Local User Account Type is a Standard Account. However, t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra. giving local admin user at Login Window

This issue is happening from last few weeks and I have no solution on this as of now. We have had around 6 mac so far that have had issues with their User account not showing at the Login Window. These are mobile accounts (AD Users), all this mac has...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra. Missing users at Login Window

This is a weird one which has been happening for weeks and have struggled to get to the bottom of it. We have had around 10 machines so far that have had issues with their User account not showing at the Login Window. These are local accounts (No AD)...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Showing Up in Multiple Self Service Categories

Hello,I made some small changes to the category of a few of the apps in our Self Service set-up. However, the applications in question now show up in both categories. Can any one offer advice on how to fix this? This is a cloud hosted solution. Thank...  View more

380eeb969fc745dba6494583bdb6bed5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud Find My Mac through Casper.

Hi Guys, We are a school and we have around 500 Macs that we would like to be able to track them offsite.Anyone found a way to set up iCloud Find My Mac through Casper? Regards,MM  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

BSDPy Docker Blues

Looking for some BSDPy Docker advice. I used this for a guide: [https://themacwrangler.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/creating-a-netboot-server-with-centos-7-and-bsdpy]. I tested this with my nbi and was able to successfully netboot between 2 VMs on my loc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to block GameBoy Emulator for iOS!

The students in our district have discovered a way to use an online emulator to emulate gameboy and gameboy advanced games without jailbreak. The website is called "gameplaycolor.com" where it tells the user to add the website to their homescreen in ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage LittleSnitch rules in a Network

Is it possible to Manage LittleSnitch rules on computers on the network?For example i want to add LittleSnitch Rules on some MacBooks in the Network without go to every Laptop.How can I do that?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Tracking

The question I have is there a way to track devices that are in my JSS when they leave the network? Example: the user takes their MacBook or iOS home or to another state and it gets stolen. I would like to pinpoint its location using my JSS, and not ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Config / Port Questions

Hey everyone! We're a long time JAMF school, we've been using JAMF Pro/Casper since I arrived at BSM about 6 or 7 years ago. We are currently looking to move JAMF to the cloud, to hopefully gain functionality. Currently, our server resides locally, a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Components in Self Service

As part of this summer's laptop refresh I would like to offer the Office 2016 apps in Self Service. I tested with Word and it appeared to install but started to the initial login screen(screen shot attached).. Is there any documentation on adding the...  View more

84707a19fcdd4b8fb59bf1e7e18d26db
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

trouble with parallels deployment

Hi folks,i'm completely new in this business but this forum has already helped me a lot. Now to my problem; i want to deploy parallels with a pre-installed windows 10 and some other software. Since the whole package is about 20GB i first want to cach...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 10.3 update

Hi all, Has anyone gone ahead with the iOS 10.3 update in their environment? I just went through it with a test device and the first thing it asks you to do after the update is to add a passcode. Now this is something we do not want to prompt our use...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Reader - where to download?

Hi all, Anyone know where I can download Adobe reader XI or DC? I have been onto https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ , and it only downloads a downloader, which does not help me package it. I have been to Adobe forums, but they are completely...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

login script troubleshooting

I have a really simple script that is suppose to run when the user logs into the computer to set the computer name. However even through the log file says it runs, it doesn't show up on the client machine. I have tried jamf manage and jamf update but...  View more

e1e4a43b188e4eca95d2e6a27d94e88e
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-install JSS Management

Hey Everyone, Is there a script available to properly re-install management? Im currently trying with the below bash script but it seems to get hung up on 'jamf removeFramework'. If i run it as a single command via terminal it works fine. Our install...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors