tvOS VPP

bryant_pocrnich
New Contributor

I must be missing a step in deploying VPP apps to tvOS. In VPP I don't see an option to purchase VPP tvOS apps and in JAMF when I try and deploy a universal app to an Apple TV it does not work. What is the protocol for doing this?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

bryant_pocrnich
New Contributor

Update. Figured out how to add the apps in JAMF but does the VPP store not support tvOS apps yet?

rickgmac
Contributor

When you look at the app in VPP/asm/abm it shows you if it has a tv app.

ie YouTube it is just the iOS app which can be deployed as normal and scope a TV

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

I can see tvOS apps listed in Apple School Manager? Hulu, Weather Channel, Amazon Prime, etc... Granted many of ones I see are universal apps.

jamf_sam

@bryant.pocrnich I have found that tvOS only apps appear most reliably in Apple School Manager or Apple Business Managed. If you have the full legacy VPP url to the app, you can follow that link to buy the licenses. For example, if you search Carousel Digital Signage in non-ASM/ABM volume purchasing portals, you won’t find it. If you knew the link though, you’d be able to buy it. i.e https://vpp.itunes.apple.com/us/app/carousel-player/id1244188551?mt=8

Janell
New Contributor III

I can't find Carousel Digital Signage in VPP for Education. I can access it using the link above, but it won't let me purchase using our VPP for Education account. Do you have a link for VPP for Education?

jamf_sam

Janell
New Contributor III

Yes that worked. Thanks