unable to install a free app sold - self service

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Hi everybody,

My english is very bad but i gonna try to explain my problem :)
Last week I bought the game "Monument Valley" it was free for two days. I bought 200 apps for my students iPads.

But actually i can't install the app, i contacted apple VPP, and it confirmed i have the game, and when i look in my VPP accounts i can see the "200 monument valley free app"

On JSS 9.81 /global managment/ my account / content / iOS App / Monument Valley is here, i make it available in Self Service, and choose the target.

But when i want to install, i see the app, i choose install, and i have just a quick loading ans nothing appears.

Do have any ideas ?

Thx458ab41fe28a423b90a6aec58dfdcc96
cb10ddc761484a3bab8f321e11cdaeb4
a9a1bd619af2446cac480f2b8ed65dd7 a lot

12 REPLIES 12

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Could you try selecting "L'app est gratuite"?

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Hi Davidacland,

thanks for your answer, i try "l'app est gratuite" but the result is the same

install still not working

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Any ideas ?

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I try to solve my problem, it's very strange, some users can download my app...

I just try with an other iPad and it's steel don't work, i have thid information:

4cf1c752f40a47fb9f09eaed9cbfe098

Any ideas ?

Thx a lot

ultimobert
New Contributor

does it work when you dont put it in selfservice and just push it to an apple device?
what ios is the devices? because ios9 and later is needed i though

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Hello thanks for your help,

The iPads are on IOS 9

How can i push them ?

ultimobert
New Contributor

Well instead of putting it in the self service you choose automatically install/prompt user,and scope it to yourself first to test it out.

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Ok ! I gonna try it tomorrow at work

bcampbell
Contributor

This may have nothing to do with anything you did or Monument Valley. If the devices you are having trouble with are running iOS 9.2, you may be experiencing the Apple bug in 9.2 reference on this JAMFnation thread:
iOS 9.2 Unable to install managed app from MDM

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, I have the same problem with OSx 9.1 or less. I just try to push app install but nothing appears..
Do you think it can be a firewall configuration problem ?

Thx

bcampbell
Contributor

See the section titled Ports in the admin guide for the list of ports that JSS uses to check if your firewall configuration could be an issue. It is on page 21 of the English version of Casper Suite Administrator's Guide Version 9.81.

Also note the footnote that says you need to be able to communicate with Apple's entire IP address block:
"Ports 443, 2195, 2196, and 5223 must be open outbound and inbound to the 17.0.0.0/8 address block in order for computers and iOS mobile devices to communicate with APNs."

steelopus
New Contributor III

It's quite possible the problem is that you "bought" these when the app was free, but the app is no longer free. So when Casper tries to reconcile things with Apple, there is a problem because Apple expects payment and Casper doesn't.