Uninstall DockUtil

hphan
New Contributor III

Does anyone know how to uninstall the DockUtil tool? We have been using the tool to set the Dock initially for users but macOS Big Sur does not list as supported so we want to remove it before our users upgrade.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gskibum
Contributor III

dockutil is working for me on M1.

All I'm seeing different is that the paths for most of the Apple apps that come with macOS have a different path (System/Applications/Calculator.app rather than /Applications/Calculator.app). So some of my scripts will have to be updated for Big Sur.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

gskibum
Contributor III

Dockutil worked for me today on a brand new Big Sur Intel laptop. I'll be testing it with M1 in a day or two.

I believe when I had to uninstall dockutil years ago I just ran a policy with a one-liner in Files & Processes;

rm /path-to-dockutil/dockutil

gskibum
Contributor III

dockutil is working for me on M1.

All I'm seeing different is that the paths for most of the Apple apps that come with macOS have a different path (System/Applications/Calculator.app rather than /Applications/Calculator.app). So some of my scripts will have to be updated for Big Sur.

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

I also have found dockutil to work fine in Big Sur.

It's usually just a single executable. You might look in /usr/local/bin.

j0nathan_r0gers
New Contributor

My issue is the .sh script which worked perfectly fine in macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 yields different results in macOS Big Sur 11.4

#!/bin/sh
echo "Adding Applications Folder..."
    sudo -u $LoggedInUser /usr/local/bin/dockutil --add '/Applications' --view grid --display folder --sort name --no-restart $LoggedInUserHome
    echo "Adding User Downloads Folder..."
    sudo -u $LoggedInUser /usr/local/bin/dockutil --add '~/Downloads' --view grid --display folder --allhomes --no-restart $LoggedInUserHome

288604054e7249aba327b32450ad1cab
c929364e490d4e4cb3e7b53831df8247
272f3ec2b8314e138c546b1a5a673825
0721c9447a154244bb5131b4c2888a85