Update packages in Jamf Pro

J_Morgan
New Contributor III

Now that Jamf Pro Admin is no longer available, is there a way in Jamf Pro web portal to upload a new .pkg file that replaces a current .pkg in an existing package? I don't see any way to do this. This was relatively straightforward task in Admin, but it seems like you have to create a new package every time you need to update a (non-Apple or non-Jamf App Store) package? I have multi-package install policies which include a dozen or more packages, which all would need to be modified every time a new package name gets added/removed? In the past, when the package name could remain unchanged and you could just update the underlying .pkg file, there was no need to worry.

Am I missing something?

TIA,

Jim

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Have you tried viewing one of the packages you want to replace, clicking the Remove button for the current package under the Filename label, then using the "browse for a file" link to select a file for upload? 

J_Morgan
New Contributor III

Hmm, I don't see a Remove button. Am I looking in the correct place?

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 3.08.20 PM.png

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

Used to have many pkg installers, most are now covered by JAMF Mac Apps. 

try using a chained installer, called by another policy, this may help. 

All our apps are include version no. so they will always be unique.

Hasibravo
New Contributor III

If you try to switch to Installomator, then you don't need to. package of each update. It will install the package and keep you updated with the new version. 

https://github.com/Installomator/Installomator