Update User and Location without inventory update?

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Does anyone know if it's possible or how to update the User and Location information of a user without doing an inventory update in bulk? All of our mobile device have been wiped to be prepared for managed distribution so we can't do an inventory update on them yet. We have updated ldap to include new grades and emails. I want to get all the updated info in for the users so on the morning of distribution day I can push the vpp invite email out to the proper groups before they enroll and get the devices in hand.

I can go into each device and edit User and Location to pull new ldap info in. I would like to do it for all devices at once though.

2 REPLIES 2

perrycj
Contributor III

This may help you out..

http://macmule.com/2012/05/16/submit-user-information-from-ad-into-the-jss-at-login/

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

This is for mobile devices that are no longer enrolled. They will be in the coming weeks but I would like to get updated user info from ldap before deployment so the morning of I can send vpp invites that work with the proper groups and not last years groups.

Basically I want to hit the blue magnifying glass in user and location of all mobile devices at once.

Hope that makes sense.