Update Visual Studio

bmack99
Contributor III

I am looking for a solution for updating Visual Studio remotely via JAMF PRO/terminal command etc. We are seeing some VS vulnerabilities pop up for the first time in our vulnerability scanning software (Qualys) and I am not finding much of anything in terms of options for updating outside of via the app itself.

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@bmack99 AutoPkg and AutoPkgr will automatically download any update to Visual Studio, as well as a multitude of other titles, and can be integrated into Jamf Pro so you can easily push those updates in your environment.

bmack99
Contributor III

@sdagley any idea what repo urls contain those updates? With the repos I'm using for autopkgr currently I'm only pulling up visual studio code packages. I'm looking for Visual Studio and Visual Studio for Mac update packages.

Thanks for the help!

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@bmack99 Apologies, whenever I read Visual Studio my brain autocompletes to Visual Studio Code and I didn't realize they were different products. Fortunately for me, my org uses VSC, because like you I cannot find a recipe for Visual Studio for Mac. You might try asking in the MacAdmins Slack #autopkg channel if anyone has come across a recipe, or created one that hasn't been published to a public recipe repo.

bmack99
Contributor III

just bumping this thread up to see if anyone has any insight on how to update Visual Studio for Mac.