Updated Mobile Config - Push out one by one

shoch
New Contributor III

Here's an odd one.

I created a mobile config that makes our iPads go through our iBoss cloud proxy. However, in the process, ONE setting was checked wrong. That one setting was "App Proxy" or "Packet Tunnel". I selected "App Proxy" and it should have been the other.

Now, unfortunately all of the iPads are at student's homes and I cannot reach them. Parents are bringing them up one by one. I would like to be able to update the config when the parent brings it on site.

How can I go about doing this without causing too much of an issue? I've tried finding the device and selecting "update inventory" but it doesn't seem to get it.

I've also tried, "blank push" but for the life of me, I can't figure out what that does.

Any suggestions? I don't want to remove the scope and rescope everything each time someone comes in.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

tak10
Contributor II

If you are talking about pushing Configuration Profile but can't reach them via network, you can update the configuration profile and select distribute to all. This will already queue up the configuration profile update to each device in the scope. Once they bring in the device and connect to the network, it will update automatically.