upgrade from casper 8.62 to casper 9.0 - issue 3 - All Inventory display items were wiped out when we upgraded

acdesigntech
Contributor II

I have a series of issues I'm running into in my upgrade testing from JSS 8.62 to JSS 9.0. I'll post each issue separately for sanitys' sake. FOr this series of issues: an "upgrade" is actually installing JSS 9 on a test server, restoring a 8.62 DB, then launching the WebApp to upgrade tables. I did not do an inplace upgrade since we are going to migrate server platforms and start from v9.0 on the new server.

Issue 3 - All Inventory display items were wiped out when we upgraded. Also cut and dried. Search results show the computer name and links to computer details. The other 12 columns we had set as default view did not migrate over. I can manually add these fields in the inventory display settings, but c'mon.

2 REPLIES 2

acdesigntech
Contributor II

Our TAM says that this may be expected behavior because 9.0 is separating out the Mobile Device and Computer inventory display options now. I can add the fields back easily enough, but I may have an issue where several fields that were manually populated by a tech are now blank. I have to test more though...

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

I am a new Casper user so I don't know how 8.x worked. But in 9.x the fields chosen in Settings -> Mobile Device Management -> Inventory Display are different for each user. I logged out as myself (LDAP user) and in as the local administrator standard user I used to install - different settings.