Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Filter Out SSD Machines?

Strange one, but - is it possible to do a filter or search on Casper to show us all the machines with an SSD and all the ones without? Just as weve been doing a swap and trying to keep track of ones weve done and the ones that need upgrading? ThanksS...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advance User Search question

Hello, I have about 80 iPads with the following user names: RPSPilot-IP01 to RPSPilot-IP80 I have been trying to get a advance user search option to includeRPSPilot-IP58 to RPSPilot-IP74 I have having NO luck with creating a search "criteria" that wo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Encryption Problem

I have a Mac the I sent the encryption command to through Casper but it is failing to start/complete encryption. Casper shows FileVault 2 Partition Encryption State:Restart Needed The Mac shows Filevault is turned off Every time they log in they are ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing ebooks class by class

We have setup ebooks folders for different year levels. We want to share these ebooks folders to the students in relevant year levels (and definitely the ebooks inside it). Is it possible to create and share folders inside in-house folder or the in-h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

K-12 Firewall

Hello Fellow JAMF Nationers, I'm curious what firewall K-12 schools are using out there? We are in the process of looking at replacing our firewall appliance and am curious what others use, with their pros and cons. Thanks in advance!  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - Cloud Video Storage

Hey all, I'm looking into the feasibility of storing a rapidly growing library of video files. It currently weighs in at around 12-TB, and I can see it doubling by the end of the year. The data is both .prproj and .mov and other formats ingestged fro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat settings - memory

Hi all,We're about to to a large refresh cycle of our laptops and was wondering if there would be any benefit from bumping the memory in the Tomcat settings.Currently Min mem is 256MB and Max mem is 512MB. I recall 6 months or so ago when talking to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS file sharing Configuration Profile

In OSX 10.11 and Server 5.0, it is possible to set up iOS file sharing. On an iOS device, this has to be added via Mail settings. I was wondering if there was a configuration profile that could do this automatically? Thanks  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 for Mac updating

I am wondering if anyone has any success with automating the updating of office 2016. What work flow is working for people as I am struggling in getting something pushed to all of our Mac computers, Office 2016 for us is so buggy the IT director is r...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

K12 Mobile Device Filtering Redux

After a 1/2 year of using the Palo Alto Global Protect VPN for filtering; we are open to something else. I thought I'd re-open this discussion and see what others are doing in since the last discussion on JAMFNation (2014).  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

o365 Sign In Prompt

We were running a POC with o365 and had some test accounts setup. The infrastructure work has been completed and we now have users provisioned into the portal so they can use their personal login/password. If we de-provision the test account, it take...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari jungle today

So, today was fun - had quite a number of students coming in suddenly with Safari crashing every time in iOS, just to discover it was a world-wide error on Apple's side for iOS as well as OS X. After looking up, disabling search suggestions or using ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Catalogue Management

Hi All, I was wondering what if anything people use for software catalogue management. We're currently in a project developing service now but I'm unsure where that is going and if it can provide what I think we need. I believe there is a piece of th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run preference setting to user from Root

Hi guys, I am trying to set a default screensaver, @bentoms had some good commands on his site but I am now trying to apply it via script it looks like this: #!/bin/sh # grab current user user=`ls -l /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4` #### Safari Opens ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Server change alert ?

We are running SUS on Ubuntu and having 2 branches. i'd like to set some changel alert whenever there are new updates checked and deployed, and set out the change to a group via email is there a way to do the change alert ?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

XCode 7.0 to XCode 7.2 Upgrade Question- CLI Tools

Hi all, Quick question regarding CLI tools. I have a post-isntall script that installs the CLI tools after installing XCode 7.2. My question is do I need to uninstall the XCode 7.0 CLI tools or does the CLI tools package just write over the old tools...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Enrollment Notification automation

I understand why a DEP enrollment notification would arise on an OS X recovery but it is also coming up on machine that have just been imaged via casper imaging.app. Is there anyways to automate the installation of DEP profiles so our users don't see...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

https red line in Chrome connecting to DMZ JSS

Anyone have any idea why this is happening. I thought it may have something to do with weak cipher strings: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=726 I changed the cipher string as per the above discussion and rebooted tomcat, but it...  View more

ff9caf9028f4424e917a16caefd30027
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mail.app Loses Exchange password

Apologies in advance if this has previously been covered (although I did search the discussions before posting): We are new to iPads and JAMF here in our Windows shop and have been seeing an oddity in the last few days where the Mail.app suddenly los...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing shutdown item in apple menu

Hi all, Could anybody remove the shutdown item in apple menu with configuration profile in OS X 10.11.2? Configuration Profiles -> Finder -> Commands -> uncheck shutdown I also tried to remove the restart menu without success.thanks for your helpjoe  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Dock Icons With Same Name

So we are planning on rolling out Office 2016 to our campus soon and we are going to be giving users the option to install 2016 alongside 2011 for the time being. Once they are happy with 2016, they can run the uninstaller we have in Self Service. Th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors