Upgrading to Monterey

rkeleghan
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Just looking for some feedback when upgrading to Monterey.. Ive gone through upgrade to Big Sur and even older OS but looking to see if there is a easier way or newer way that we can upgrade users..

Typically .. I will just either deploy / cache the installer to user applications folder and then when it comes to upgrade have a DEP Notify window with deferrals and a one liner - /Applications/Install macOS X /Contents/Resources/startosinstall' --agreetolicense --nointeraction --forcequitapps

How are other people doing it? Im looking for a newer way or different way that i can upgrade ...

Rk

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

our employees are able to upgrade/update themselves after we release them from a smart computer group that denies the update/upgrade.

mbayhylle
New Contributor II

I'm currently testing using Graham Pugh's erase-install utility for upgrades of Big Sur to Monterrey. https://github.com/grahampugh/erase-install/wiki/8.-Use-in-Jamf-Pro 

So far it's worked pretty well except there's no way to get around the admin password requirements on M1 devices.