uploading Big Sur 11.5.2 install assistant.pkg

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

from the JAMF Pro web interface I'm uploading the recent version of the Big Sur 11.5.2 install assistant.pkg and when it reaches the end of the 'uploading' progress bar 100% it just sits there.  The cancel and save buttons still showing just like i havent uploaded it yet.

Other pkgs I upload reaches the same 'uploading' progress bar 100% and the screen refreshes and you know that the pkg was uploaded and it will be available to use soon.

the 11.5.2 pkg is like 12GB   but i had no problems  with the 11.5.0 Big Sur install assistant.pkg uploading successfully.

I've had this uploading issue with versions 11.5.1 and now 11.5.2

anyone have a clue as to what is happening and why?

any other pkgs i upload have no issues completing (but those pkgs are not nearly this size).

9 REPLIES 9

IamGroot
New Contributor III

I'm having a similar issue as well. When I upload it, the screen refreshes but then the uploaded file isn't there. I've had to upload it using Jamf Admin lately.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@IamGrooti've been trying to use the JAMF admin to upload it but for some reason my JAMF admin won't authenticate.

IamGroot
New Contributor III

Are you using any CASB solutions like DLP or a Proxy SG? If so, you may have to do an app bypass for the Jamf Admin process.

Louie
New Contributor III

Why not use a script to curl it down to endpoint and then install it, that's what I do.   As Apple brings new updates out I just update my script instead of updating a 12 gig installer again and again...

Jawalker
New Contributor II

Louie Can you provide an outline of your CURL for macOS? I am new to managing my environment and have curled a few apps but having issues with MacOS.

Thank you,

PerryK
New Contributor III

Yes, I've seen the same problem with both 11.5.1 and now 11.5.2 however the previous installer uploaded fine.

I can upload the pkg fine to a beta cloud instance so I know it isn't a problem with the downloaded file or the browser I am using.

The only thing which has worked for me is trying in the early morning instead of later in the day.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I just gave it another try today to upload the Big Sur 11.5.2 install assistant.pkg  today and it finally completed the upload.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

Looks like the install assistant pkg for 11.6 is having the upload issue to JAMF Cloud.   I login and do the upload and it goes to 100% and just sits there.

PerryK
New Contributor III

Yep, the same thing happened to me again. I waited a couple of days and tried again the morning and it worked after that.