User can’t sign in after user changed password.

Jake6867EPSILON
New Contributor

I had to user report they could not sign in after they change there password. I make a default password before handing out the machine after set up. We don’t have DEP up and running yet so I will enroll them myself before handing out. I reset the password the escrowed FV-2 key in the logo page prompt and recovery mode. The user could sign on once and then they would be locked out. I went though a few attempts before the swapped out the machine so I could poke around a bit. ( why I always run into weird issues just before quitting time is a question for another day). I was able to sign in after I pushed to remove mdm from the admin console. I assumed re-enrolling and regening the FV2 key. would be a quick fix In case it became bigger mess and I was able to get the password working again. It did resolve the issue but I have a large amount of users in a remote office and I am the sole IT so it’s not someone I can scale out.

I forgot that I could reset on the admin console (12 hours days get a bit tough). I have test machine encrypting tonight so I can reproduce the issue but as far as I know, resetting though the FV 2 should work fine.  The user was updated to 10.14.2 and I have not had this issue on earlier builds.  Has anyone ran into this?
0 REPLIES 0