User initiated enrollment - Personal - Access Denied

Kristopher
New Contributor III

When enrolling iOS devices using user initiated enrollment (sent via SMS), I had both options in settings checked (institutional and personal), per documentation this should prompt the user to pick one. This is important for us and it shows that it is supported by the docs. However, I was not being prompted and the device always showed institutional after enrollment in the device record.

To test, I removed the device record, unchecked institutional and left personal as the only user initiated enrollment option. Re-sent the invitation. When I tapped the link, I get ACCESS DENIED. I sent all invitations without requiring a login, so I tried it with requiring a login. Same issue.

Am I missing something? I've been through every setting and I can't see what would cause this?

5 REPLIES 5

tyrale
New Contributor

Same issue. Need a resolution. Did you find anything?

diradmin
Contributor II

@tyrale In Jamf Pro, under Devices, do you have a Personal Device Profile to accommodate the Personal Device Enrollment?

tyrale
New Contributor

Yes. Any other ideas?53083a0b77af4529b361b64b68b935b4

tyrale
New Contributor

The access denied appears after a user opens the link in the sms. Clear cache, reload, nothing changes. Access Denied.

stacker
New Contributor

Any updates on that issue ?