User not being sent VPP Invitation

mpittcasd
Contributor

I'm having a weird issue where one user isn't getting a VPP Invitation. What I've done so far is:

Added to my initial teachers invitation, but his account did not show up there
I created a separate invitation to try, but when I go to usage it says "No data available"
I created another invitation with a different account and that one showed up right away in usage
I removed the problem account from the iPad and laptop associated and deleted the user account from JSS. This has worked in the past but I'm still getting nothing.
I even restarted the server to see if something was getting held up there.
After that I changed the separate invitation to an email one to see if it would send, but the usage is still empty.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I looked through some search results but couldn't find anything. I'm also still on 9.6, should I upgrade and see if that takes care of it?

6 REPLIES 6

qhle373
Contributor

We're in the beginning stages of our transition to VPP invites. Most of the end users were using Configurator supervised iPads so their AD was not associated with it. I generally have to wait for the user to enroll the iPad (we have Pre-Stage enrollments on). Once the user enrolls, I can then find their name to send the VPP invitation. Otherwise they aren't populated on that list for us.

mpittcasd
Contributor

Our initial deployment was 1:1 for teachers and students so we have always enrolled with the AD user names. The account is question for me is showing up they normally would, showing associated devices and I am able to search for them in all the areas. It's just peculiar that our JSS doesn't want to send him a VPP invitation.

Quick Edit: Just updated to 9.71 and still can't get an invitation sent.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

That is weird!

I have not seen that.. but I have three users who can't get any VPP apps assigned. It looks like they are assigning as the JSS page takes awhile when saving, but their license count does not update. I have totally deleted their username and started over which did not help. I had to assume an Apple error and install the critical apps for the student..

chris

plawrence
Contributor II

@AdamBritt

Hi Adam

Did you manage to find a solution for the issue where one of your users was not getting a VPP invitation? I am seeing it now on a particular user and cant figure out the issue. I tried creating a separate invitation for only that user and nothing appears in 'Usage'. I could try deleting the user completely, but they have other devices assigned to them (no VPP) I dont want to mess with those.

Patrick

plawrence
Contributor II

After looking at the JAMFSoftwareServer.log it looks like our VPP Token had expired that day! I've renewed it and its all back working as expected.

I went and up voted the Feature Request to have a reminder about expiring tokens too: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=2993

mpittcasd
Contributor

Good catch! I just checked ours and it expired in March. I'll see about getting it renewed today since I don't have control of that account and hope it works. Thanks for finding that!