Users accounts in JAMF

Skerts
New Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to download a report about the Jamf Users & Groups from the setting( not computer/device users), or if it is possible to create a smart group with only the Jamf users in it.

10 REPLIES 10

kavila
New Contributor III

Skerts
New Contributor II

Thank you for providing that link is was helpful, however I am still facing an issue. 

I am now able to report all the Jamf user and groups category, however is it possible to extract specific ones such Jamf Users with group privileges only for example ? 

kavila
New Contributor III

Are you referring to Jamf Pro users (users that have access to your Jamf Pro instance) or end-users?  

Skerts
New Contributor II

I am referring to the Jamf Pro Users(The ones with access to Jamf Pro instance)  such as the ones with Group privileges, Administrator, Enrollment ect... 

I would to know if it is possible to extract information such as the users that have the group privileges for example. 

kavila
New Contributor III

Looking through the settings I'm not able to find anything either. It's probably worth reaching out to support if you haven't already. 

rebecca_latimer
New Contributor III

You could use the API for this. The /JSSResource/accounts endpoint will give you a list of all users and their ID number. You would want to loop through them to get more information from the /JSSResource/accounts/userid/[ID Number] to get group membership or whatever other information you wanted and output it to a file.

Thank you for the resource, that can actually work If I am able to loop through the ids one by one.
Do you have any idea where I could find a similar script to understand how I can loop through the ids to get data on all users without having to manually edit the GET request for each id ? 

trevoredwards
New Contributor III

Were you ever able to figure this out/get a working report? I've been tasked with something similar and am not sure where to start with the API. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mdp
Contributor

I programmed something similar to this since I couldn't find anything on Jamf Nation to do what I wanted. Essentially, the script cycles through all the Jamf Pro accounts (via the API) looking for a specific permission you define, and it echoes back any accounts that have that permission.

---
Matthew Prins -- Jamf Scripts @ Github

trevoredwards
New Contributor III

This was a godsend! Thank you so much! 👏