Velociraptor deployment

auser
New Contributor III

Hi, i am looking to deploy Velociraptor via Jamf and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this? Deploying Clients :: Velociraptor - Digging deeper!

Curious what steps were taken to deploy it. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

TheITGuy69
Contributor

Did you by anychance get an email from the other thread you asked information on? https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/help-installing-velociraptor/m-p/281611#M253839

I typed up a whole bunch of stuff and then somehow it was identified as spam and they deleted it!! SMH

TheITGuy69
Contributor

Looks like they restored my post, let me know if you have any more questions

auser
New Contributor III

thanks for all the help. The problem I am running into with this is as follows. Putting it here in case someone can help. 

So I add the files in composer to /private/tmp/ and add the below post install script. I can see the machine gets the files in the folder when the policy is deployed but nothing else happens and the install does not work. 

Local on the machine, if I terminal into the folder and run the same command (minus the install path since I am in the directory already) it works. I then run the chmod command and it's fine. 

I must be missing something simple here. Hoping someone sees this and can help. 

#!/bin/sh
## postinstall

pathToScript=$0
pathToPackage=$1
targetLocation=$2
targetVolume=$3

sudo /private/tmp/velociraptor-v0.6.7-4-darwin-arm64 --config client.config.yaml service install
sudo chmod -R 755 /usr/local/sbin

exit 0		## Success
exit 1		## Failure