VirtualBox Packaging and Deployment

Not applicable

First off, I am new to the Casper suite and I am very excited about what this software is doing for me. I have one big issue right now that I need some help with. I am trying to package and deploy VirtualBox (A VM with XP on it). RIght now I have two DMGs one with the VirtualBox application install and one with the VM install both made with Composer, using the Snapshot abilities. After finding out I need to put the VM in a place accessible by all users(/Users/Shared/ VirtualBox) (as the default install is in (~/Library/VirtualBox). I deploy the two applications and tell casper to populate the users library with the prefs pointing to the VM, but I still have to log in as a user and point the application to the VM. I want to not have to touch it after the install. Any insight would be great.

My infrastructure setup is 10.5.7 servers, users authenticating through Open Directory using Portable homes on 10.5.7 clients.

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD
www.s-hamilton.k12.ia.us
515.827.5418 (W)
515.209.9767 (C)
515.827.5368 (F)

Luddite by Degrees
1) Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2) Anything that's invented between when you're 15 and 35 is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3) Anything invented after you're 35 is again the natural order of things --- Douglas Adams

0 REPLIES 0