VNC

jamfmdm
New Contributor

Anyone has a script for enabling and putting password on VNC under Remote management?

3 REPLIES 3

roiegat
Contributor III

Looking at the kickstart help you should be able to do the following:

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -restart -agent -privs -all -clientopts -setvncpw XXXXXXXX

Although that gives anyone with that password access...you might want to fine tune it to admins only.

jamfmdm
New Contributor

i have script that enable remote management, i hope you can give me that i can add on this script for vnc

!/bin/sh

adminUser = Admin User Name for Remote Acces

adminUser="youruser"

######################

Do Not Modify Below This Line

######################

if [ "$4" != "" ] && [ "$adminUser" == "" ];then adminUser=$4
fi

DEFINE CONTROL SETTINGS

privs="-DeleteFiles -ControlObserve -TextMessages -OpenQuitApps -GenerateReports -RestartShutDown -SendFiles -ChangeSettings"

Do Not Modify Below This Line

if [ "$adminUser" != "" ]; then /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -allowAccessFor -specifiedUsers /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -access -on -privs $privs -users $adminUser
fi

DSparrowhawk
New Contributor II

Hi all

I have tried running the command bellow and i get a "Command not found" error.

I have attached a screenshot of my terminal window.

Thanks Dale
e99c6c2177734c76a8f8f08e13076b15

Looking at the kickstart help you should be able to do the following: sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -restart -agent -privs -all -clientopts -setvncpw XXXXXXXX