VPP: 5 Users in scope, but Overview claims 0 Users assignment?

mschroder
Valued Contributor

I still get confused with the procedure for assigning VPP Mac apps to users. In the context of migrating from the old VPP to ASM I unassigned a bunch of VPP apps, migrated these to ASM, but now fail to re-assign them to users. So in "Users/VPP Assigments" I have scoped a Mac app to five users. But none of these users sees the app in the Self-Service, and "Users/VPP Overview" claims there are zero users assigned for this content.

If in addition to the scope in "Users/VPP Assignments" I also scope these users in "Computers/Mac App Store Apps" the users see this content in the Mac Self-Service. But "Users/VPP Overview" still claims there are zero users assigned.

Do I really have to edit the scope in "Users" AND in "Computers"? To me that does not sound right, so I wonder why only scoping in Users does not work. What do I miss? In case this matters, we are still using jamf 10.15.1.

1 REPLY 1

mschroder
Valued Contributor

What a messy process :( Since I started to get confused by all the different VPP accounts and multiple listings for each license I finally decided to do a cleanup. After having checked that I have all licences transferred to the ASM account I removed the former VPP accounts on the MDM side. At some stage I noticed I had zero "VPP Invitations" - oops, have they all be deleted with the old and in my eyes now useless VPP account? To test this I recreated an invitation for myself, accepted it and indeed the licenses I graciously had assigned to myself appeared again in my purchases.

So all (?) I need to do now is re-invite all my users.

This VPP migration certainly does not count as "It just works"...