VPP apps are not showing up in 'Purchased' tab

timlings
Contributor

Hi

I've assigned VPP apps to a user. However, these aren't showing up in the 'downloads' tab on the App Store, so I therefore can't install them. Is there anything I can do?? It was working fine last week!

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brownbe
New Contributor III

I've noticed for me a lot of times it will take a few hours to show up. Unfortunately I don't think JAMF has any control over that, it's totally an Apple thing.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

brownbe
New Contributor III

I've noticed for me a lot of times it will take a few hours to show up. Unfortunately I don't think JAMF has any control over that, it's totally an Apple thing.

timlings
Contributor

What is strange is that, using the same Apple ID, some iPads will show all the list in 'purchased' and some will show no apps at all.

I will try some patience...

timlings
Contributor

It's now saying "The iTunes Store ID of the application could not be validated" when looking at the iPads in question on JSS.

A similar problem seems to be reported here.

nsdjoe
Contributor II

I am seeing the same thing. I purchased an app a few days ago and assigned it to several users. Looking at the users' accounts in the JSS, the app is properly assigned to the users... but they don't see the app under the "Purchased" tab on their iPads. Tried logging out/in with their correct Apple ID, but still nothing. These are users who are very familiar with the process (we've been assigning apps to them all year), and this is the first time we have experienced this problem.

~Joe

JenT
New Contributor III

Have you scoped the apps to the users in the App Catalog under Mobile Devices? By doing it this way, you can set the apps to automatically appear on the devices without them having to download the app from the purchased section.

timlings
Contributor

The apps are scoped to users, so that they are pushed to be installed. But the VPP assignment isn't coming through (hence why there is nothing in the 'purchased' tab on the App Store), so they don't install.

It seems that if I leave the devices overnight, some sort of push notification gets unstuck and the apps all appear in the purchased tab and therefore can then be installed via self-service/MDM push.