VPP assignment don't seem to be working.

Sean_Ginn
New Contributor II

VPP assignments don't seem to be functioning, they were working just fine even though some of them took a while. But after the most recent update it doesn't seem to be working, any ideas? This is for iPad.

8 REPLIES 8

Felipe_hernande
New Contributor III

have those users accepted the VPP invite? had you check the connects to the apple servers?

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Have you restarted Tomcat recently? Worth a try.. it sometimes kick starts VPP for me.

Sean_Ginn
New Contributor II

@Felipe.hernandez The AppleID's are connected to our VPP
@cdenesha Really? I did not realize that, but let me try it now.

Thanks guys for the responses.

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

You might want to make sure this isn't your issue.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=12737

neilatosi
New Contributor

I'm having this problem as well. Have pushed a number of different apps in the past to an open directory group which is restricted down to a smaller set of users by means of restrictions (also groups). Never had any trouble until now. I am now trying to add a different app using the exact same scope options and it isn't working.

I have restarted tomcat with no result. I have also looked into the thread posted by cbrewer. It's interesting to note that group lookups are handled differently in 9.62, but using an Open Directory LDAP server i actually don't have the checkbox mentioned in that thread.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

@neilatosi

Are there any errors in JSSSoftwareSummary.log?

neilatosi
New Contributor

@cdenesha

I don't have a log file by that name on my system, just JAMFSoftwareServer.log. Are you referring to the output of the JSS Summary icon in the JSS Information section of the GUI? If so, is there anything specific I should be looking for?

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

No, I meant JAMFSoftwareServer.log (was going from memory sorry).

Any VPP errors?