Wacom Tablet install

alstos
New Contributor

I need to install WacomTablet_6.3.36-2.dmg in my mac lab. I put the .dmg into Composer and created a .pkg and added a policy to install it. The policy logs say it successfully installed but it didn't. It is not in Applications nor does the tablet icon show up in System Preferences. I am new to Jamf. Is there another way I should be installing this?

13 REPLIES 13

c_archibald
Contributor II

No reason to reinvent the wheel. The way I do it is open up the DMG, rename the PKG with the version #, copy the PKG into JAMF Admin, create the install policy, and add the PKG as the install package.

I have an update policy that checks the Smart Computer Group policy that compares version with what I tell it is current. If it is out of date, the update policy triggers & runs the install policy. So when updating, update the install policy, then update policy & clear it's logs, then the Out of Date version check. Works for me every time.

alstos
New Contributor

Thank you so much, I will try that!

c_archibald
Contributor II

If you need more specifics, let me know.

alstos
New Contributor

That worked! Thanks again.

alstos
New Contributor

Well, I had a message on the computer that Security and Privacy was blocking the non Apple app install, click to allow it, which I did and authenticated and it installed. Is there a way to accommodate that pop-up so you don't have to finish the install manually at the computer?

c_archibald
Contributor II

How to Allow Apps from Anywhere in macOS Gatekeeper
http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper

lkrasno
Contributor II

lkrasno
Contributor II

@alstos

I personally wouldn't disable Gatekeeper, use a signed application, or sign it yourself.

PPPC

and this

c_archibald
Contributor II

If you can't get a PKG to install cause it says it's unsigned, you can also use JAMF Composer to rebuild & export it. I had to do that to get OBS to install.

mcneillcm
New Contributor II

Hello!
I am experiencing this same issue. I have tried using Composer to build a PKG. I have also imported the DMG file into Composer and exported a PKG. Both fail when I attempted to install from Self Service on a test machine. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

CSCC-JS
Contributor II

@mcneillcm

Here's how I distribute the Wacom Driver
I found that running the installer from jamf directly, fails for me.
I have to get the pkg installer on to the machine, then run a script run the install locally.

Download Driver - https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers

(Creating a pkg, you can also use dmg. to get the original installer pkg on the machine)

Copy "Install Wacom Tablet.pkg" to mp (as is)
Drag in to Composer
Export pkg as wacom_tabletdriver_#.#.##-#.pkg
Upload to jamf admin

Policy to get the package installer on the machine and run the bellow script

Install Script

#!/bin/zsh

installer -pkg "/tmp/Install Wacom Tablet.pkg" -target /

exit 0

To get around the Kernel Extension approval prompt, I have this in a Kernel Ext Pr-Approve Profile

Kernel Ext Pre-Approval Profile

Wacom Driver

Display Name: Wacom Technology Corp. Team ID: EG27766DY7

jmbozarth
New Contributor

How do I add the pre-approval profile & to what/where?

CSCC-JS
Contributor II

@jmbozarth We use Jamf Pro
Computers -> Configuration Profiles - > Options -> Approved Kernel Extensions