Web Clip only completes half of the enrollment process

mattschenk
New Contributor

For our district's iPads we use Apple Configurator 1.5 to install a Wireless profile and a Web Clip profile that points to the JSS enrollment URL (https://.....:8443/enroll).

When you click on the OTA Enrollment Web Clip and enter your username and password, it installs the certificates, but skips the MDM profiles and jumps back to the sign in page. If you open Safari on the iPad and manually enter the enrollment server URL it installs the certificates, and then the MDM profiles, and finishes with an "Enrollment is complete" message.

The Web Clip points to the exact same URL that you can type into Safari, but fails after installing the certificates.

Any ideas? I want to make this as easy as possible for our teachers and staff to enroll their devices, and correctly typing the URL in Safari is a lot harder than clicking an icon. I need to make this as easy as possible for the end user!

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

mattschenk
New Contributor

I've bypassed the issue by installing an enrollment Web Clip that points to a URL that contains a link to the enrollment URL. It's an extra tap but it works.