Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

NetBoot with Thunderbolt/Gigabit adapter?

OK, so I'm sure we won't have a problem booting the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display (MBPRD) using the Thunderbolt/Gigabit adapter. Will the adapter work with existing MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models? The spec seems to imply so: http://store.ap...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Network Account Server

I want to pull a report to see the network status, or Active Directory binding for the active machines in JAMF. I was looking at extension attributes and just tried to pull an advanced report showing AD under display but it seems to be unreliable. Is...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot/SUS VM

When I convert the OVA to a VM image it insists on provisioning all the space (i.e. 100GB). I've mounted another drive (NFS) as /svr to keep my files elsewhere - now I want to shirnk/reduce the size of the Netboot VM. Any ideas?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Manage Preferences application

Hi, I have a couple of Managed Preferences that I want to change from being applied 'User Level at Every Login' to 'User level at Next Login Only'. I've tried setting changing this in the drop down and then logging off and back on again but it looks ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Names not being applied

When imaging 2 specific computers that worked fine a few days ago with Casper imaging the name is not being applied causing some of the post run scripts not to run. Ive tried deleting the Autorun data, deleting the machine info all together and nothi...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS and the 2012-004 Lion Java update

Hi Jamfnation- I'm a netSUS appliance newbie, and I'm having trouble with the Java 2012-004 update that was released yesterday. Basically, I've enabled that update on the appliance in my root branch, but clients are not seeing it.If I enable or disab...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script not found during imaging?

I'm running JSS 8.52 on a Windows 2008R2 VM and seeing a peculiar issue. I'm using the "flush policy script" from the Resource Kit. I've got it in my configuration and it is in the Scripts folder on the Casper share but I get an error in the logs tha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add a Keychain entry? Auto mount network share

So here is my situation... I have all 10.7.x systems, and I want to auto-mount a network share on login. Systems are NOT bound to any OD/AD account, and based on my highly distributed environment, won't be. I have a Lion server with OD running with s...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Dock Icon (Safari or Firefox Shortcut)

Thought this might help someone - Noticed today with 10.7.4 shortcuts to internet sites in the dock were missing their spring icon. The shortcuts were there and working but just a blank space in the dock, no icon. Finally figured it out, looks like t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Black text boxes

I added a URL "plugin" in Self Service. It's my webmail login page which is hosted on a 10.6.8 server so it's just the default SquirrelMail page. The text boxes for username and password come up black in Self Service but they come up fine in Safari. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fix for LPR and Canon new printers

Hi, at my working place we use Canon printers (Fiery Rip).I found out if you deploy it using LPR, it will change the LPR://nameofserver/queue with CNIO2://.. So Basically I did a small script to fix this.Will modify the /etc/cups/printers.conf Here i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sorta OT: /etc/authorization shenanigans

So, I'm trying to do some /etc/authorization shenanigans that I can't get sorted. Spent like 3 hours on this last night. Our Macs are bound to our Active Directory, users are setup as a mobile account. They will NOT have admin rights (woooo hooo). Th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Making USB Recovery HD that can run Casper Imaging?

Has anyone been successful in creating a USB Recovery HD that will run Casper Imaging? I have a few subnets that can't reach my Netboot server, and I'm trying to figure out the best way for them to do multiple machines w/o having to tether to another...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon User Names

Hi, We use the following script #!/bin/sh /usr/sbin/jamf recon -endUsername $3 to collect the username on a recon. The recon runs at login and at 12pm. Our users are all local users. I can see the machines are being reconned, but the username is wron...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licensed Software XML Template

I've contacted support and they suggested I post the following question as they said it isn't currently possible . . . I've downloaded several xml templates from JAMF Nation, but none of them have mappings for additional information such as notes and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles

Greetings, I'm still in my evaluation process with Casper, and I have the latest version as far as I 8.52. I have about 7 or so computers in my JSS 8.5.2, with a mix of 10.7 and 10.6. My issue seems to be with Configuration Profiles for 10.7.x. In al...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Scripts when Fast User Switching is Enabled

Not sure if this a JAMF Bug or Feature or an Apple Bug or Feature, but thought I'd throw it into the community for some feedback. I have login policies enabled for our machines that mounts SMB network shares based on the AD-user. We also have Fast Us...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot across VLANS

Hi I was wondering if anyone could make sense of this. Brief background: We are using Casper as our deployment software for Macs, DHCP server (Windows Server 2008 is a different VLAN to our netboot server). Our Macs are also split across a number of ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Platform hardening on JSS Server

Hi All, Does anyone have any suggestions on hardening the JSS suite and the Windows 2008 R2 server that it is running on? It is being run on a vmware virtual machine if that makes any difference. Thank you.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Office 2011 Aliases?

Is it possible to have Office 2011 recognize aliases like outlook on the PC does? we use flast@company.com and first.last@company.com for email addresses. So everytime I reply to all it always sends it back to me using 2011, but not 2010. Is there a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgraded server to 10.7.4 and now get 401 error

Hi, I upgraded our Lion server to 10.7.4 this morning and now when I do a jamf recon I get the following error. There was an error submitting the computer to the JSS. The JSS responded with a status 401. Anyone know the answer to this? Best wishes Mi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually Update Reposado on NetSUS

What is the best method to update the NetSUS installation of Reposado. I don't think a "git clone" is best as the directory layout is from Greg's repo vs. /var/lib/reposado on NetSUS. Would a simple curl -O work? Of which files? - Justin (Reposado GI...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors