Weird Sequoia issue on Jamf managed devices.

kwoodard
Contributor III

I have a pair of Apple Silicon Mac's that are Jamf managed and a third that is vanilla, out of the box...no Jamf at all. What I am seeing is on the managed Mac's (M1 Air, M3 Pro) is that if they are either on WiFi or Ethernet via a docking station or a Belkin Ethernet dongle, when I restart the computer, it will show an IP address and give every indication that the computer is online. Reality though, they are not online. I have to unplug/plug back in the Ethernet or disable WiFi and reenable it. Only then will the computer be online. The out of the box Mac doesn't have this issue. My personal M1 Air, that I have just done update after update since its release...I don't have this issue. I have seen an uptick in WiFi at home dropping offline more often, but when I turn on the computer for the day, it will be connected.

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Check your configuration profiles, you may have USB-C devices set to always request access. Also make sure you are testing with the same ethernet adapter model on all devices, different adapter models by different manufactures can behave differently.

Checked. No config profiles at all dealing with USBC devices and access requests. I am using the same Dock and dongle for all three devices.