What privilege is needed to allow Groups to update iOS devices via the Software Update workflow

luchtr
New Contributor

Hello,

Does anyone know what custom privilege is needed to allow a group to update iOS devices through the Software Update workflow? I think I have everything obvious allowed but when they click the group they want to take action on, the "Update Selected" button is not present at the top.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Globials
New Contributor

Hi there!

Wondering if anyone knows the custom privilege required for a group to update iOS devices using the Software Update workflow. I've got the basics covered, but the "Update Selected" button is missing when they click on the group. Any insights? Thanks!

prestigesunsetp
New Contributor

The following important rights or positions may be required:

Administrator Role: In most MDM platforms, users possessing elevated privileges or administrative roles are authorized to initiate and oversee iOS device software updates.

Device Management Privileges: The individual or group should be able to configure and enforce software update policies, among other device management-related permissions.

Software Update Policy Configuration: There may be particular software update policies or settings depending on the MDM solution. The authority to set up and implement these policies should belong to the user or group.

Update Authorization: When updates are installed on devices, administrators can manage this with certain MDM solutions. 

Prestige Sunset Park