What to do if Apple School Manager and DEP are not available in my country?

BOLLESTORE17
New Contributor

Hello everybody

I'm an Apple Authorised Reseller in IVORY COST. We have a lot of demand for iPad - Mac and Apple TV. But DEP or MDM are not country activated.

How can we use JAMF solutions for these schools and enterprises to be satisfied?

6 REPLIES 6

psliequ
Contributor III

Although DEP may not be available there yet, MDM can be used where you are. Jamf Pro has features that allow you to enroll Apple devices with or without DEP being available. There are some aspects of day to day management that are only available for DEP enrolled devices but 95% of what you can manage is available without DEP.
Must of Apple's classroom management stuff (particulary Shared iPad) is only available through DEP/Apple School Manager, so if you're interested in using those I would definltely let Apple know directly that you want those programs made available in your country.

BOLLESTORE17
New Contributor

Oh my god
I really need it because I would to be a JAMF SOLUTION integrator at the end of this year.
Please help for the country activation

Really appreciate your help

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@BOLLESTORE17

As @psliequ mentioned, many features are available without needing to use DEP but there are some that do require it, such as Apple School Manager, or being able to set up an iPad as multi-user (Shared). Some configuration profile options also require DEP enrollment, but those are clearly marked in the payload so you'd know immediately if it was an option that you could use or not.

You would have to contact Apple for more information or a possible timeline on when DEP will be made available in your country.

Jamf does not have the ability to get Apple to bring DEP to your country, unfortunately; that decision is solely up to Apple.

Thanks!
Were Wulff
Jamf Support

BOLLESTORE17
New Contributor

@were.wulff

Thank you for this clarification So how can we deploy iPad and Apple TV in education without APPLE DEP/SCHOOL?

I have an other Airline Company which want TO MANAGE 300 iPad

What JAMF PRO can do to help us for the airline company and schools?

Thank you for your support

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@BOLLESTORE17

If you're already a customer, please get in contact with your Support rep.

If you're not yet a customer and are just looking for more information, please give our Sales team a call and they can help you out.

Go to https://www.jamf.com and click on Contact and you'll find the information needed to contact Sales for more information.

Thanks!
Were Wulff
Jamf Support

Look
Valued Contributor III

One route is to download Configurator 2 from the Apple App Store on a macOS device.
You can then download a configurator file from your JAMF JSS and then enroll iOS devices into JAMF as supervised devices using a a USB cable.
There are also URL and invation based enrollments available although these will not supervise the device so some functions are not available and the enrollment is removal at the user end.
Unfortunately in any scenario not involving DEP there is nothing really that would prevent a user from completely wiping the device and setting it up as brand new, although having it linked to an Apple ID with find my phone would make it less usable in a stolen device scenario as it would come back to Apple and ask for the Apple ID credentials during setup.