What training to take in what order?

thebrucecarter
Contributor II

Greetings all,

I've recently been informed that I'm going to be a secondary resource for JAMF Pro use and support. I did not get to take the bootcamp training when we installed Casper (when JAMF Pro was called that) because it was not expected that we would be in this position. So, now I need to go from cold to self-sustaining fusion with rather rapid progress. Any suggestions on what training to take in what order to get the most out of everything. This includes paid training as well at attending the conference. I'm assuming I need to start with the JAMF 100 course?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I've been through most of their classes and have certified. I can say without a doubt, it was some of the best money I convinced my boss to spend.

I would start as follows:

Take Jamf 100 and spend a few months supported and getting to know the macOS and iOS platforms ASAP.

If you have the luxury of waiting 6 months, then sign up for the Jamf 200 course. This will take you up to the technician level.

Again, I would take 6 months to a year after that and start getting more familiar with basic scripting and advanced workflows and then sign up for the Jamf 300 course (this will take you to the system administrator level).

You would probably be fine not going further unless...you either want to take a certified server administrator course to learn advanced hosting techniques (Jamf 350 Certified Server Administrator) or really want to take and push your skills to the advanced high level (Jamf 400 Certified Expert). The Certified Expert course is truly a tough one as it counts on you having a strong knowledge of scripting and willingness to having your work in class subjected to peer review. I'm glad I took it, but your knowledge of the macOS and Jamf products will be pushed to the max.