Wifi profile still prompts for password

mpittcasd
Contributor

I just made a change to one of my wifi profiles which kicked all of the clients off. After setting that back up and connecting the ipads to a secondary ssid, it seems that the profile is being updated (based on the chart in the configuration profiles page) but it asks for the password to the primary ssid and doesn't save it when input manually. I tested it with a fresh ipad and fresh profile, but it still does the same thing. I created the profile the same way as before: SSID, hidden checked, auto join checked, security type and password correct and network set to standard. Any ideas why it would prompt for password on new or old clients now?

4 REPLIES 4

cdenesha
Valued Contributor III

please update the thread if you figure it out.. this is something we'll want to do later this school year.

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Same issue here... Any new wifi profile I create it asks for the password still. Our older unchanged profiles work fine.

mpittcasd
Contributor

Did anyone possibly upgrade their JSS before making the new profiles? Most of our devices were enrolled before I made any profile changes, but I think there may have been a few patches that I installed. I can't think of anything else that would have changed.

mpittcasd
Contributor

I just wanted to update everyone, I was checking on something today and noticed that my wifi profiles changed their security type to none. After I fixed that, I tested it by having it only apply the change to newly enrolled devices and everything was connecting as normal again. I have 1000 devices right now so I'm not going to try updating the profile on all the devices, but if it comes to that I will update again.