Windows 7 Enterprise and OS X Help (Bootcamp or SCCM)

Poseiden
New Contributor III

Hey guys!

I've been having troubles lately installing Windows 7 Enterprise via bootcamp or SCCM. During the task sequence, it reboots after installing the drivers and stays at a black screen with a blinking dash at the top left. Sometimes with the error "Non-system disk".

For the bootcamp installation, I use the drivers Bootcamp provides. Once Bootcamp is done installing the OS, it reboots and I get a black screen with the error "Non-system disk". Very rarely will I get a completed install. But when I do, I get an unresponsive keyboard and mouse basically making it useless.

This use to work for us last year, and the year before. Did Apple just stop making this work?

Extras:

Partition 4 is used for Windows. We have tried letting Casper make it via a script, and we have also let bootcamp create the partition.

Equipment:

USB with bootcamp (Corsair, PNY, Lexar)

*Every SCCM install formats partition 4 to NTFS.

USB with 64 bit SCCM task sequence

DVD with 32 bit SCCM task secure

DVD with Windows 7 Enterprise. Manually created MS-DOS partition.

Test machine:

3 iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) (I tried with 10.10.4 & 10.10.5).

Bootcamp driver:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1720?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Windows:

Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 via the Volume License Service Center

I'm asking you guys here at JAMF Nation for help on this because I have no more answers!

3 REPLIES 3

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

Check your Boot Camp drivers.
Also you should install drivers in $WinPEDriver$ folder of BootCamp driver pack. Include them in your Task Sequence and test.

Poseiden
New Contributor III

@Kumarasinghe

I've included those drivers and tested them out and none of them make it go past the black screen. The one that stood out was AppleSSD.sys

I got the error:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:...

... File:Windowssystem32driversAppleSSD.sys

Info:Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file."

I disabled Windows Digital Signature Verification and it still didn't boot.

On a side note, I was able to get Windows 10 Enterprise installed very easily using bootcamp today.

Poseiden
New Contributor III

This might be a failed cause. Installing Windows 10 Enterprise with no issues, Windows 7 Enterprise on the other hand....