Windows Help Disk

rwinfie
Contributor

Since all the support tools for the casper/jamf suite are Mac OS only. How are you alls help desk team completing one of software installs. I.E help desk gets a call i need software ABC , how are they deploying it ?

4 REPLIES 4

millersc
Valued Contributor

Self Service is a repo for the one offs.

If it's something for more than just a few people, the request comes in and gets scoped out to the larger group.

rwinfie
Contributor

Self service works for the freeware , but that's not the best place to make paid apps readily available in my case.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

Self Service for us.
We have freeware available to alll, and the 'PURCHASED" apps are there also, they are only available to 'scoped' macs or users.
Unsure why you can't do this also?

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

If you are referring to Casper Remote to deploy paid apps outside the Mac App Store (I.e MS Office, Adobe, corporate virus scanners, etc), that's a tough one. Self service is the best answer as you populate the JSS with a web browser and make it available for the end user. You could let them write policies that pushed something, but you wouldn't usually let helpdesk do that.

One idea we used for a while before the techs got MacBooks... we took an old Mac Mini, racked it, set up VNC on tech windows computers and had them VNC into that to run Casper Remote. Very low-tech but it worked .