Windows Server SMB Shares freezing Finder

MikeR11
New Contributor II

Pulling for strings on this one but we have multiple SMB shares hosted on windows server 2016 that seem to cause a complete lockup of finder.

All our Mac users are AD joined and run latest version of 10.14 - 10.15 and can mount the shares with no issue and work majority of the time.

A few high volume users that transfer GB worth of info seem to constantly encounter finder coming to a standstill and makes the desktop completely unusable until a hard reboot.

Is there a log that I am not seeing that can show me the exact event or cause that triggers this?

I have disabling packet signing both client and server side which has helped a few users but we are still seeing a large majority encountering this issue mostly Catalina users.

I can recreate this issue consistently if the machine remains connected overnight to any of the SMB shares. If I ejected prior then zero issues re mounting the next day.

Not sure if related but we have had ghosting of folders not showing and then showing along with permission issues on excel files with sharing violations. All recently happening the past 12months.

Any advise is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

J_Morgan
New Contributor II

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? We're new to Jamf Pro and are having something similar happening.

TIA,
Jim

MikeR11
New Contributor II

@J_Morgan I listed a few issues we had at the time most have been corrected. Which one are you referring to?